Porterville Unified School District has scheduled kindergarten registration for the district’s ten elementary schools. In accordance with the Kindergarten Readiness Act (Senate Bill 1381), students reaching the age of 5 on or before September 1 can enroll in kindergarten, but those students reaching the age of 5 between September 2 and December 2 will be enrolled in a transitional kindergarten program, which is a two-year program.
Student must be present for kindergarten registration
Roche Avenue registration will take place on February 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 1.
The following items are required for registration:
- Minimum of 3 IPV (oral polio vaccine) and 4 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) if both are given after the 4th birthday. However, a child will be fully immunized with 4 IPV and 5 DPT, regardless of the age in which the last dose was received.
- Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after the 1st birthday.
- One PPD (mantoux), tuberculin skin test including results.
- Three doses of hepatitis B immunizations are required for kindergarten entry.
- Two Varicella (chickenpox vaccine)